Seven Corners Travel Insurance’ RoundTrip Choice plan provides great upgrade options and benefits across the board.
Seven Corners is a great choice for travel insurance, offering a wide range of plans with various coverages you might not find elsewhere. They have 24/7 bilingual travel assistance, which is super helpful. You can also add trip cancellation and interruption coverage for any reason, adding extra peace of mind.
In general, Seven Corners is a solid option for most trips, whether international or domestic. They have good coverage limits and plenty of choices. While their trip interruption coverage isn’t the absolute best, they offer affordable protection for trips that aren’t super high in value. So, if you’re looking for budget-friendly coverage for your average trip, Seven Corners is a reliable choice.
Seven Corners Travel Insurance Plans
Seven Corners provides travel insurance for folks in the U.S. who are going on trips, whether within the country or abroad. They also offer travel medical insurance, student travel insurance, yearly travel insurance, and group travel insurance.
- RoundTrip Choice Plan: Seven Corners’ highest-rated travel insurance plan according to Forbes Advisor.
- RoundTrip Basic Plan: This plan covers trip cancellations and emergency medical coverage for Covid-19. It includes $100,000 in medical coverage with secondary coverage and medical evacuation coverage of $250,000 per person.
- Liaison Travel Medical Plan: Offers medical coverage for travel outside the U.S., with optional Covid-19 coverage available in the Liaison Plus option.
- Liaison Student Plan: A specialized health insurance plan for students and faculty abroad, meeting most visa insurance requirements, with optional Covid-19 coverage through Liaison Student Plus.
- Wander Frequent Traveler Plus Plan: An annual travel plan that covers multiple international trips and includes Covid-19 coverage.
- Explore North America Plus Plan: Comprehensive medical benefit coverage for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. residents traveling to the U.S., including Covid-19 coverage.
- Inbound USA Plan: Offers medical coverage for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. residents traveling to the U.S.
What’s Not Covered by Seven Corners Travel Insurance?
It’s essential to be aware of what your travel insurance plan doesn’t cover because every plan has its exclusions. In the RoundTrip Choice plan, some examples of exclusions include:
- Routine physical examinations and regular dental care.
- Coverage for mental health care.
- Expenses related to physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- Experimental or investigative medical treatments or procedures.
- Elective medical treatments and procedures.
- Mental, nervous, or psychological conditions or disorders, unless requiring hospitalization or partial hospitalization.
- Incidents such as suicide, attempted suicide, or self-inflicted injuries.
- Air travel on privately owned airplanes, whether as a pilot or a passenger.
Seven Corners Insurance: Pros & Cons
- Exceptional coverage limits for medical expenses and medical evacuation.
- Option to add “Cancel for any reason” and “Interruption for any reason” upgrades.
- Strong travel delay coverage, offering $2,000 per person.
- Good baggage delay coverage, requiring just a 6-hour delay, with a $500 per person limit.
- Outstanding baggage coverage, providing $2,500 per person.
- Reliable hurricane and weather coverage.
- Inclusion of coverage for sports equipment.
- $20,000 for non-medical evacuation, which covers safe relocation or return home in response to a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory or Travel Warning related to civil, military, or political unrest.
- Hurricane and weather coverage has a longer 48-hour delay, while some competitors only require a 12-hour delay for coverage to kick in.
How To File a Claim with Seven Corners
At Seven Corners, you have multiple options for submitting a claim, which include mail, fax, phone, or using their mobile app. Make sure you have all the necessary supporting documents ready when you file your claim.
Cost of Seven Corners Travel Insurance
Seven Corners determines your travel insurance cost based on several factors, such as your age, the total trip cost, your travel destination, and the duration of your travel. In general, Seven Corners provides cost-effective insurance choices, particularly for international travel, owing to its diverse range of plan options.
Cost of International Travel Insurance
In our effort to provide you with an accurate understanding of travel insurance pricing, we obtained quotes for both international and domestic travel. The cost data we gathered pertains to a 30-year-old individual from Alabama embarking on a one-week trip to Mexico, with a total trip expense of $1,500.
Cost of Domestic Travel Insurance
Seven Corners extends its coverage to include policies for domestic travel within the United States. We have compiled the following pricing information for a 30-year-old resident of Alabama embarking on a one-week journey to Denver, Colorado, with a total expenditure of $1,000.
Which Seven Corners travel insurance policy is best for me?
Selecting the right plan for your travel involves understanding the kind of coverage you need while on your journey.
For Premium Travel Credit Card Holders
If you possess a premium travel credit card that already provides sufficient trip cancellation coverage, you might only require a standalone emergency medical policy. For instance, The Platinum Card® from American Express offers trip cancellation benefits of $10,000 per trip and $20,000 per year. However, if your trip is more expensive, it’s advisable to consider a standalone travel insurance plan. If your concern primarily centers around flight cancellations, AmEx offers “Trip Cancel Guard,” which can be purchased when booking a nonrefundable flight through the AmEx Travel Portal. Trip Cancel Guard assures you of up to a 75% refund if you cancel at least two days before departure, with terms applying.
For Those Seeking More Extensive Coverage
If the coverage provided by your credit card isn’t adequate, you lack credit card coverage, or you didn’t use your credit card to pay for the trip, a comprehensive plan like one of Seven Corners’ RoundTrip or Annual Trip plans may be more suitable, depending on your travel objectives.
For Frequent and Extensive Travelers
If you’re a long-term traveler with plans for multiple trips, the annual plans are the most fitting choice. However, be aware that coverage for each trip is limited to 60 days. If you’ll be away from home for a longer duration, it’s advisable to explore alternative options.
Seven Corners Customer Reviews
Seven Corners holds accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and boasts an A+ rating. Customer reviews regarding Seven Corners’ travel insurance are mixed, with opinions varying across different websites.
Satisfied customers who were content with their insurance coverage report receiving prompt and well-informed assistance from the customer service team. However, a substantial number of customers expressed discontent with Seven Corners, primarily due to refusals to provide suitable reimbursements or prolonged delays, often stretching for weeks or even months, in processing their claims.
“I typically don’t leave reviews, but during a critical health emergency while traveling in Aruba (broken leg), this service ensured a safe journey back with minimal stress and unexpected expenses.” — Aryion via Trustpilot
“Using Seven Corners has been a breeze for me. The platform is incredibly user-friendly, and the process of purchasing insurance is seamless. For my recent trip, I didn’t need extra coverage, so I could opt for a more budget-friendly solution. Four years of using Seven Corners, and I keep returning due to competitive pricing and user-friendliness.” — Alexander via Trustpilot
“I filed a claim on October 7, 2022, and after over three months, I’m still awaiting reimbursement. Despite considerable efforts on my part and those of the travel company with whom we booked, Seven Corners persistently delays processing our claim. We’ve submitted all the necessary documentation and have a legitimate claim. Every three weeks, we receive an email promising to update us in another three weeks.” — K.B. via BBB
“They denied our claim, arguing that we didn’t consult a doctor before deciding to urgently return home. Even after we appealed the claim, Seven Corners has continued to deny it or provide a refund. We had purchased a ‘cancel for any reason’ policy. The denial, especially considering my serious illness and the resulting loss of the trip and time with our sons, is distressing.” — Sari F. via BBB
FAQs: Seven Corners Travel Insurance
What is usually covered by travel insurance?
The majority of travel insurance policies provide coverage for non-refundable trip expenses, encompassing items such as airfare, accommodation expenses, and pre-arranged excursion costs. Additionally, these policies typically extend coverage to encompass medical expenses incurred during travel, lost baggage, and emergency evacuation situations.
What is the average cost of travel insurance?
Travel insurance policies typically offer tailored pricing structures that hinge on the overall value of your trip. As a rough guideline, you can anticipate paying anywhere from 4% to 10% of the total trip expenses for your insurance plan.
What is the best type of travel insurance for international travelers?
For international travelers, the optimal choice in travel insurance is a comprehensive cancellation and interruption plan. It’s crucial to ensure that your travel insurance not only covers cancellations and interruptions but also includes coverage for medical expenses incurred abroad, especially if you are aware that your domestic health insurance will not provide coverage outside your home country.
Is travel insurance required?
Travel insurance is typically not mandatory for most international destinations. Nevertheless, certain countries or international education programs might stipulate the need for proof of travel insurance, particularly coverage related to COVID-19. It’s advisable to review the specific details of your program and destination to ascertain any requirements related to trip insurance.
How do you purchase travel insurance?
You have the option to buy travel insurance directly from a travel insurance provider, such as Seven Corners. We suggest exploring our compilation of the top travel insurance companies to obtain multiple quotes before making your decision on where to purchase your coverage.
Our team conducted an extensive evaluation of numerous travel insurance providers, developing a comprehensive scoring system to assess the quality and service offered by each company. To simulate a genuine customer experience, we requested sample quotes both via phone and online. The following factors were considered in our provider reviews:
- Plan Availability (20%): We assessed insurers based on their range of available plans and their flexibility in allowing policy customization through add-on options.
- Coverage (40%): This category encompassed various benefits, including coverage for medical expenses, medical and non-medical evacuations, COVID-19 coverage, waivers for pre-existing condition exclusions, “cancel for any reason” coverage, trip interruption, travel delay criteria, baggage delay criteria, baggage reimbursement, and financial default coverage for travel suppliers. We also acknowledged companies offering unique add-ons, such as extreme sports coverage, protection for business equipment, and pet coverage.
- Customer Service and Support (30%): We evaluated indicators of a company’s readiness to address customer needs. Higher scores were awarded to companies with well-established global resource networks, a 24/7 emergency hotline, robust mobile apps, and additional services like concierge and translation assistance.
- Reputation (10%): Our assessment of a company’s reputation involved analyzing consumer reviews and third-party assessments of financial strength and customer experiences, with a specific focus on ratings from organizations like AM Best and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
The Bottom Line
Seven Corners offers extensive coverage options with generous limits, making it a suitable choice for a wide range of travelers. Despite its comprehensive coverage, Seven Corners manages to keep its plans affordable. Although there have been occasional reports of challenges in obtaining refunds following a claim, Seven Corners’ cost-effective policies are well-suited for safeguarding shorter and less costly vacations.