Have you ever wondered how to ensure a perfect journey without worrying about unforeseen risks? That’s the mission of Flexplus. This article will guide you on a journey to explore this feature-packed travel insurance, highlighting its unique advantages and benefits. Join us in discovering how “Flexplus travel insurance” can safeguard and elevate all your travel adventures.
FlexPlus travel insurance overview
Travel insurance through FlexPlus, provided by Nationwide Building Society. A premier travel insurance product designed to provide extensive coverage for various travel-related situations. Whether you’re planning a relaxing beach vacation or an adventurous getaway, FlexPlus offers comprehensive protection and peace of mind.
With FlexPlus, you can enjoy a wide range of benefits tailored to meet your specific travel needs. The insurance covers medical emergencies, trip cancellations or interruptions, lost or delayed baggage, personal liability, and more. This means that you can travel with confidence, knowing that you are protected against unforeseen circumstances that may disrupt your plans.
One of the standout features of FlexPlus is its flexibility. You have the option to customize your coverage based on your travel preferences and activities. If you enjoy winter sports or golfing, you can add optional coverage specifically designed for these activities. This ensures that you have the right level of protection for the activities you love.
FlexPlus travel insurance is a comprehensive travel insurance package offered by Nationwide, a reputable and reliable financial company in the UK. FlexPlus provides you and your family with a range of insurance types, such as:
- Emergency medical expenses: Covers the cost of emergency treatment, transportation and accommodation if you have to extend your stay or return early.
- Cancellation or curtailment of your trip: You are insured if you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. See the policy document for the accepted reasons.
- Temporary travel documents: You are insured to obtain emergency replacement travel documents such as passport, visa or driving licence to enable you to return home or continue your journey.
- Delay of your trip: Includes delay of departure, return and connection. It also includes if you decide to abandon your overseas trip entirely due to delay. See the policy document for the details of the covered situations.
- Personal belongings: In case your personal belongings and money are lost, stolen or damaged due to an accident. See the policy document for the details of the excluded items and other conditions.
- Winter sports travel insurance: Covers medical expenses if you have an accident as well as insurance if your ski equipment is lost, stolen or damaged. It also includes closure of ski slopes and avalanche.
- Pandemic insurance: Covers cancellation costs due to illness, quarantine or government advice, due to a pandemic.
To use FlexPlus, you just need to open a FlexPlus account with Nationwide with a fee of 13 pounds per month. You will enjoy these types of travel insurance as well as mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover. You can manage online or by phone the details of your insurance, buy upgrades, make and track claims
How can I use FlexPlus travel insurance?
To use Flexx Travel Insurance effectively, follow these detailed and accurate steps:
- Open a Flexplus account with Nationwide: Start by opening a Flexplus account with Nationwide. You can do this online, over the phone, or at a Nationwide branch. During this process, you’ll need to provide various personal details, including your name, address, phone number, social security number, and income information.
- Confirm your travel insurance: After you’ve opened a Flexplus account, you must log in to your online portal or call 0800 051 0216 to confirm that you are insured for your travels. You can also request a copy of your policy document via email or mail.
- Review terms and conditions: Before embarking on your journey, carefully examine the terms and conditions of your travel insurance package. This step is essential to understand any exclusions, limitations, and voluntary excesses that may apply to your trip. If you require additional coverage for age, duration, or specific activities, you can arrange this either online or over the phone.
- Emergency contact number: Before commencing your travel, keep the 24/7 emergency contact number for your insurance company handy: +44 (0)141 349 0288. In case you encounter any issues related to your travel insurance, call them immediately for assistance.
- File a claim: If you need to file a claim, do so within 31 days of concluding your trip. You can initiate this process online or over the phone. During this procedure, you’ll be required to provide relevant documentation, such as flight tickets, receipts, medical reports, and more, to support your claim.
Step by step guide to purchasing FlexPlus travel insurance
If you have decided that FlexPlus is the right option for you, here is a step by step guide to purchasing it:
- Go to Nationwide’s website or call their customer service line.
- Provide personal information such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- Enter details about your trip, including the destination, dates of travel, and any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Decide on any optional extras such as winter sports cover or business cover.
- Complete the purchase by paying the premium.
- Receive an email with your policy documents and a summary of your coverage.
Tips for getting the most out of your FlexPlus travel insurance
To ensure that you make the most out of your FlexPlus coverage, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Read the policy thoroughly: It’s essential to understand what is covered and what is not covered under your policy. Be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before traveling.
- Keep all receipts and documentation: If you need to make a claim, you will need to provide evidence of expenses incurred. Keep all receipts and documentation safe.
- Contact the 24-hour emergency assistance team: In case of an emergency, contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance team provided in your policy documents. They can help with medical emergencies, lost/stolen possessions, and more.
- Check the FCO website before traveling: To ensure that you will be covered by your policy, check the FCO website before traveling to see if there are any travel advisories for your destination.
- Consider additional coverage for high-risk activities: If you plan on participating in any high-risk activities, consider purchasing additional coverage to ensure that you are protected.
Pros and cons of FlexPlus travel insurance
Like any insurance policy, FlexPlus has its pros and cons. Here are some that you should consider before purchasing it:
- Comprehensive coverage: FlexPlus offers a wide range of coverage, including emergency medical expenses, cancellation, personal possessions, and more.
- Affordable premiums: The annual cost of FlexPlus is relatively low compared to other comprehensive travel insurance policies.
- Additional benefits: FlexPlus offers additional benefits such as travel delay compensation and missed departure cover.
- Cover for pre-existing medical conditions: Unlike many other travel insurance policies, FlexPlus covers certain pre-existing medical conditions, making it ideal for older travelers.
- Limited trip length: FlexPlus policies only cover trips up to 31 days in duration. If you plan on traveling for longer periods, you will need to purchase an additional policy or look for alternatives.
- Not available to non-residents: FlexPlus is only available to UK and EU residents, limiting its accessibility for travelers from other countries.
- No cover if FCO advises against travel: If the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against travel to a specific destination, FlexPlus will not cover you.
- No cover for high-risk activities: Certain activities such as skydiving, bungee jumping, and scuba diving may not be covered under FlexPlus travel insurance.
Here are some frequently asked questions about FlexPlus travel insurance:
What is the age limit for FlexPlus travel insurance?
The age limit for FlexPlus travel insurance is 79 years old. However, a medical screening may be required for travelers over 65.
Can I purchase FlexPlus travel insurance if I am not a UK or EU resident?
Unfortunately, FlexPlus travel insurance is only available to UK and EU residents.
Can I cancel my FlexPlus travel insurance policy?
You have the right to cancel your policy within 14 days of the start date and receive a full refund, provided that you have not traveled or made a claim.
Does FlexPlus travel insurance cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Certain pre-existing medical conditions are covered under FlexPlus travel insurance. However, you will need to declare them when purchasing your policy and may need to undergo a medical screening.
Can I extend my coverage if my trip is longer than 31 days?
If your trip is longer than 31 days, you will need to purchase an additional policy to extend your coverage.
FlexPlus travel insurance offers a comprehensive and flexible solution for travelers, ensuring peace of mind as you explore the world. It’s tailored to cater to your specific needs, whether you’re planning a relaxing vacation, an adventure-filled journey, or a business trip. The ability to customize your coverage and the availability of extensions while abroad make it a reliable choice.
To explore the benefits and get detailed information, be sure to visit InsuranceTopList. With FlexPlus, you’re not just insuring your trip; you’re safeguarding your adventures.